Information for Seniors
The recent passage of Ohio House Bill 197 permits schools to grant high school diplomas to students on track to graduate. Students must earn a minimum of 20 credit hours in specified subjects by May 1, 2020 to receive a diploma this school year. Graduation ceremonies for May have been canceled, however, the District is working to reschedule ceremonies for June or July, if Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order is lifted.
Our teachers and students are hard at work ensuring members of The Class of 2020 are graduation ready. Our quarter ends May 21, 2020 and while we won’t be able to hold our planned May celebrations, the District is looking at July dates for a possible virtual ceremony and August for an in-person celebration. Seniors who are working on credit recovery should strive to complete classes as soon as possible. Please contact your school counselor if you have questions.
Advanced Placement Testing is May 11- May 22
Students will test at home
- College Board has developed an at home testing option
- Format is a 45 minute, free response exam.
- Students can:
- Take this AP exam on a computer, tablet or SmartPhone
- Hand write responses and take a picture, upload and submit to: CollegeBoard
Contact Kraig Hoover with questions.
Join the Schoology AP support group for updates.
Join code: 4ZW5C-FFHR3
For Daily Online Lessons on YouTube, visit Advanced Placement
Students – Please complete the short survey below to determine technology access:
Complete the Survey
College Credit Plus (CCP)
CCP students taking classes on the college campus
- Students enrolled in face to face courses at our main college partner campuses (Cincinnati State, University of Cincinnati and Sinclair Community College) have been moved to distance learning classroom environments.
- Students can request WiFi Hotspots and laptops via CPS’ CCP webpages, as well as additional tools to complete classes in the new format: Request Tools
- Please read your college provided email address for updates, several college partners have altered grade policy to respond to COVID 19, your college email should contain information on updated withdraw deadlines and Pass/Fail options in light of the challenges of remote learning.
- College partner support will include:
- Extra web based materials
- Online platforms for instruction
- Direct contact with college department chairs to navigate barriers and address concerns
Request a Teacher Call Back
CPS teachers will be holding office hours each week to connect with students and parents – answering questions and offering feedback about academic content. Please make sure to check PowerSchool to ensure that CPS has your family’s correct phone number and email address. To request a call back from your child’s teacher, complete this form.